To be able to connect to our network, support from your device is required for the secured access method 802.1x or WPA2-Enterprise. The manufacturer of your device has not added the necessary support into your device. You can contact the supplier of your device for further support and to ask for a software update in order to give your device the support for 802.1x and/or WPA2-Enterprise.
This is why we officially do not offer support for this type of device with the student product.
For residential SmartEye and Studenten Internet Plus customers all this is possible as these products are built up in a technically different manner.
In order to connect your Playstation 4 or Playstation 5 you need to follow the following steps:
- Make sure your Playstation 4 or Playstatn 5 has previously already been connected to the Sony Playstation Network (E.g at home)
- Select (Settings) > [Network] > [Configure Internet connection]
- Select [Use Wi-Fi] and select [Change]
- Select the open Wi-Fi STUDENTENINTERNET(123)
123 refers to the first three digits of your activation code or username
- Select Automatic for all other settings
- If asked to provide a Proxy-Server, select No
- At this moment in time the automatic Internet connection test is started and this will fail. This is normal
- Go back to the main menu and open the web browser. E.g to http://hotspot.studenteninternet.be
- Log in using the username and password received with your subscription
You will now have internet access to your Playstation 4 or Playstation 5